Monday, October 22, 2012

Illamasqua Boosh, Worthy of the Hype?

  So, what's the big deal? It's a common question to have about a black creme nail polish that  costs $14. I have to admit I was very skeptical, but could so many nail board members be wrong? I didn't think so. Let's take a closer look at Boosh.

Illamasqua Boosh with 2 coats of top coat and Jordana Bronze Fest accent

Boosh is not a true one coater. It definitely needs two coats to reach that deep blackout level of richness. The formula is nice and stays where you put it. I didn't have any problems with the formula, it has an average dry time and it dries shiny. The brush is your standard skinny. My verdict is this, if Illamasqua wears very well on you, and you love their polish, then I would say, yes, you will probably love this. But, if you are expecting something extremely special from Boosh...I don't see it :( .  Although I like this polish, I don't love it. Therefore, I am sad to say, I will not be keeping it. 

4 comments:

  1. Generally I never buy really common colours from more expensive brands. I find you can always find a cheaper version that's just as good. And this is coming from a fan of Illamasqua.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I debated about picking it up for a very long time, but ultimately I was given a gift card and decided to get it.

      Delete
  2. That stinks... :(

    Try Finger Paints Black Expressionism if you can/haven't. *Real* one-coater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe next trip to Sally's ;)

      Delete